View Single Post
Old 22-08-2022, 06:00 PM   #1629
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

I'm proud of what I have done with my Instagram account, at the same time I know how deep of a hole social media can be. I only interact on those platforms if I'm responding to something positive and never wade into controversy. And I guess a forum is also a form of social media, but again I try to keep away from pot-shotting and name calling and try to focus on positive responses.

Social media makes people constantly compare themselves to what others are doing or achieving. In reality, what go's on Facebook or Instagram is all but a brief snapshot of a person's life. So, for example, while I might make a post featuring my shiny little red car, it doesn't necessarily mean everything in my life is as perfect looking as the Mustang.

It's a trap many unknowingly fall into, and if you are feeling down and crappy about yourself, viewing someone else's perfect snapshot of life can just lead to negative comparisons.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: