Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 09:26 AM   #19290
KobiXR6T

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Because both the feds and states decided it should be. I didn't say it was right, nor do I agree with it. Never have.

Plus I'm never an early adopter of anything. The person who buys the new model of a car is crazy to me. And I suppose I was personally lucky that I could leave it till later. Which in the end became moot because it wasn't available to me until much later than I planned.

Anyways... Enough from me. I'm out!
Good response arm.

I don't even know what the point that is trying to be made is anymore.

All the data I saw coming out of other countries was that the risk predominantly increased with age and co-morbitidy. The countries that struggled the most throughout the pandemic were aging, high density populations.

This was never officially stated by our government/health officials or media until well into it, post mandates.

I entirely agree that hindsight is a very useful tool, and that time wasn't something that we had working in our favour. I would argue that the lockdowns we had were unnecessary and that the damages to health and wellbeing outweighed the risks of the virus itself for many.

If we had a vaccine that actually significantly reduced transmission of the virus I would be able to begin to justify the actions that have been taken, but given that they don't it becomes a very difficult.
This user likes this post: