Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 12:33 PM   #19267
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I don't do facebook, so that probably explains it.

The video struck me as well informed and eloquently delivered.
I avoid Facebook as well. Just whenever I do go for a scroll I get hit with reposts of his staff from anti-vax friends. He's like their hero.

I lose interest when I see things like this post he's put up today:

Quote:
Which part of almost 10 million Australians (most of them jabbed), have caught Covid don’t the authorities understand. The Covid vaccines don’t work. End all mandates.
For someone so well informed they should understand the difference between a vaccine and a cure. It's like saying you should avoid your measles or whooping cough vaccine because they don't work either, you can still catch either even if you've had the shot.

While the rest of the country is looking at moving on he's become a one trick pony it seems. A more refined and relaxed version of Craig Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Novavax (uses a different tech) only just got FDA approval a couple of months ago. The delay has been due to sides effects, including heart inflammation, seen in trials and they wanted more data. So.....how did Pfizer and Moderna get their approvals "warp speed"?
OK... A little devils advocate here.

Go back to 2020 when Covid was new and scary and people didn't know what it was or what to do.

The government comes to you and says "I'm sorry, this is beyond us, we cant control it and don't know what to do. Our heath system wont be able to cope with the predicted current outcomes. The solution is a vaccine, but they are at least 5 years off. Until then we have to continue current lockdowns and border control strategy".

Would you have been happy to accept at least 5 years of Melbourne style lockdowns until the vaccine became available? Ruining economies, businesses and peoples livelihoods?

My basic understanding is in an effort to be first to market Pfizer and Moderna threw everything they had a the vaccine. They stopped work on everything else they did and poured billions into developing these things.

Did they cut corners? Probably. Did they get it right? Not entirely. Did their work get us out the doghouse far earlier than would normally be expected? I think we have to believe it did.

Novavax being so late to the market had to be different. They had the benefit of time and hindsight. They have to be near perfect because people won't tolerate the same outcomes as the other 2.

And I very much doubt they can afford the bad PR or financial losses, nor the initial financial requirement to get the thing to market quickly.

Pfizer is an $81b a year company, Moderna $19b. And don't forget Pfizer didn't actually have a licence to use mRNA technology, that belonged to their partner BioNTech, a $19.5 a year company itself.

Novavax is a $1.2b a year company. They are a half a drop in the bucket compared to the others.
4 users like this post: