View Single Post
Old 29-06-2022, 07:02 PM   #20
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Picked up a N70ZZ sized battery in Supercharge Gold for my ute, was only $220 from my local independent parts shop.

From memory I think in 2016 it was costing me $113 to buy a 67EF MF from Century and I was spending about $5000/month with them.

Plenty of cheaper options around I could have been buying and selling for the same price.

One would hazard guess SCA is buying them cheaper, they'd have contract prices given their national volume.

Once you've decided on a battery brand its also worth checking their distributor list on their website, you'll probably find your local auto electrical workshop may be a distributor and they will sell it to you cheaper than the big parts resellers, they'll probably even fit it too

You're also supporting a local family owned business rather than some corporate group.

SCA lists $250 for a 67EF MF - highway robbery.
Agree with all of that, I paid the $250 thinking I am getting the best money can buy in a sense. But clearly that is not the case.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: