View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #8
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Products or things you don't see or hear much of anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
There's so many Marty....OMG. This could be a fun thread .. Immediately jumps to mind especially in a car sense is carby fed engines and that's been quite a while already . Other than small engine machines aka mowers , chain saws , brush cutters and a few other fossil fuel items the carby is extremely rare on a driving vehicle ..Maybe somewhere but I don't know of any . Also do any car manufacturers fit manual window winders to cars even on the cheaper models ? Love to know if they do..

When I was a kid my favourite ice cream was a Peters Two in One . Geez I loved them .. Can't remember when I last saw them for sale .

Wind up alarm clocks .. They might still be sold as a novelty perhaps but I guess phones have seriously curtailed them..

Re Maxell batteries I do remember them and maybe they still do watch batteries but in general use I also can't recall seeing them on the supermarket battery displays for a while . I tried Camelion ...waste of money and even the alkaline ones aren't that great for a throw away battery.. Gone back to Ever Ready for that purpose but now also use a lot more rechargeable AA's and AAA's..

Fun thread...Expecting heaps of replies ..
Try find a carburettor shop or business, all the well known ones in Melbourne are long gone.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: