View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 03:30 PM   #5
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Products or things you don't see or hear much of anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
When I was a kid my favourite ice cream was a Peters Two in One . Geez I loved them .. Can't remember when I last saw them for sale .
I lived in Wagga Wagga back in 1982. My mate's dad was a driver/distributor for Streets. My favourite ice cream at the time was this gem:

Even if my mate didn't have any in the freezer in the shed, I loved them so much I'd buy one out of my own money on a Thursday night down the street with the olds

Couldn't get them in Sale either before or after being in Wagga Not sure if it was a NSW thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970XW351
Solvol in proper cake form, for actual work stained hands. Can only get it in the softwash variety for pretend work types now. Nothing gets the grease out like scrubbing off three layers of skin with a proper bar of soap. (well maybe leaded petrol, but YOU CAN'T GET THAT ANYMORE EITHER!!!)
Cheers, Tony
You can still get solvol bars. we have them at work. Here's one such place you can get them:

https://www.alphacleaningsupplies.co...dustrial-soap/

Ok scratch that, a bit more research shows that manufacture ceased around March last year.

But there is an alternative available which might suit:

https://www.envirofluid.com/articles...itmitts-is-it/

Aussie made to boot

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 11-01-2022 at 03:41 PM.
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: