View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 12:52 PM   #878
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Default Re: Crypto $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
show me an example. AFAIK, no super fund has ever gone bust in Aus, nobody here ever lost their super balance through bad investments. even the high growth options are made up largely of stocks of well-established large companies, not start-ups.
I'm not aware of any (haven't specifically looked) - however while deposits in your bank account are coved by the ACS to 250k, super funds are NOT covered*. so if a super fund does go bust you'll be left with nothing.

Quote:
your stocks dont disappear unless the company does. diversify and you negate that risk.
good advice. putting all your eggs in one basket - no matter what that basket is - is a bad idea.

as I covered before, there's a risk in any investment, it's up to the individual to decide what risk profile they want, and they have to look out for themselves.

*well the fund itself maybe covered, if it holds cash with a ADI bank, but 250k across any funds membership base will equate to next to nothing per member.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: