View Single Post
Old 24-06-2021, 10:07 AM   #1382
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Penultimate day of The Pushup Challenge. 177 pushups today and 90 tomorrow.

Aussie Veterans are at increased risk
Day 24 – 177 push-ups
Aussie Veterans are at increased risk: Australian veterans, who have transitioned out of active ADF service, are at greatly increased risk of PTSD, suicide, and other mental health disorders. A report from the ADF estimated that 17.7% of veterans met the criteria for PTSD in the past 12 months, and about a quarter of all veterans will experience the disorder in their lifetime. This is about 3x higher than the national rate. Veterans think about, plan, or attempt suicide ten times more often than other Australians.

Symptoms of PTSD can include intrusive memories, flashbacks, or dreams about a traumatic event, avoiding things that remind us of a trauma, strong negative beliefs about oneself, and being easily angered or startled. These symptoms can occur in anyone who has experienced, witnessed, or been exposed to the aftermath of a traumatic event.

Open Arms offers support for veterans who are experiencing mental illness, and their families:

https://www.openarms.gov.au

My charity is the local headspace here in Sale (despite what it says on the donation page), so I appreciate that some may not necessarily want to donate to such a specific location, but if anyone is still motivated to donate, you can do so via this link: https://www.thepushupchallenge.com.au/pushuperer/127050

I am extremely grateful for any donations made.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: