Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 02:21 PM   #378
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

My place being a battle axe, off the street you cant see anything but driveway, so provided the driveway is presentable, the place looks good. Having said that. Im really pleased with how the whole yard looks currently. As a whole, yes ive put in a lot of effort, but not in 1 go. So a bit here or there over a few weeks and now its really easy to maintain. Im down to the list of things ive been putting off for years. So last week after 10 minutes of mowing a section of grass just to keep it in check, i trimmed the lower limbs off my reputable trees. Yesterday after work i spent 10 minutes mowing the useless area thats in constant shade where my fuse box is. The meter reader has been there more times then i have. But in that area there is 1 reputable tree and 3 weed tree things. Ive known about those for years but never got around to doing anything about them. So i attacked the biggest with the wrong tools (i dont have a wood saw, so a hacksaw was my weapon of choice). Chopped the best part of it back then almost gave up on the main trunk. I have a cracked rib so upper body stuff hurts. So i grabbed my drill with a 51mm holesaw and felled it with that. Got half way into the next but my mate next door popped over and i agreed that going to the pub was a better idea. And it was. But he passed comment that the place is looking good. And prior so has the bloke who rents my granny flat. So im happy that all the work put in shows.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: