View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #36
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-...00?pfmredir=sm

Rather interesting article about grey nomads giving the locals the ****s with entitled behavior, it doesn't surprise me given their lack of courtesy to other drivers on the roads.

Have you had run ins with grey nomads before?
They don't even have to be grey. Last one I came across driving inconsiderately was a guy in his late 30's towing a caravan the size of my first house. Slow AF in the bends but 100+ on the very few straights on that road.

Luckily for me in the V6 Jeep I flew past in no time on the straight. My mate in his 4 cylinder ute had to stay behind for a few dozen more Kms because he didn't have the power to overtake safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
I'll never forget being a surveyor back in 2003 in Tassie sitting around campfire with grey nomads of the time, probably before the term existed. They were really impressed that I was paid well to work around Oz with a Cruiser and caravan, but it blew me away the entitlement when they informed me I was going to be paying for their retirement, double dipping, medical etc. I thought "there isn't enough of me to pay for all of you". Some of the attitudes like SKINS - "Spend Kids Inheritance Now" is reprehensible.
You know how people leave two squares of toilet paper on the roll so they don't have to change it. It's that attitude, but with the whole economy.

Last edited by Ben73; 05-08-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: