View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #53
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driving to Work Costs 14k per year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapeworm View Post
On Apprentice wages, I'm easily dropping one days pay per week dragging my XR6 to and from work. But like some have said I would rather slit my throat than catch public transport. I notice some young guys I know are better off than me just being dole budgers, having no cars, health care cards, just minimal costs
Years ago - some 20 years back, when I had time for surfing, I noticed there was this guy that was always surfing, tanned fit guy, always hung around the city beach around the pretty girls. He was about my age. Looked like he did not work, had a motorbike, and was getting plenty.

I had a whine of the bad sort to a work colleague about the same thing you just said and that we would almost be better on the dole getting the sorta action he was getting. The wise colleague said yeah- fine now but if he does not launch he will just be a sad old dude with nothing and nothing to define him.

Bloke is now still around the beach, put on significant weight around gut as he has gone to beer and obviously his life does not require discipline, has crappy old motorbike held together by wire and string- and he is still not working. No longer is hanging with the beautiful girls, now is resigned to hanging around other old scungy looking dudes- barely goes out surfing.

Keep at it Tapey - it will be worth it when through hard work you have defined yourself to be a person of substance.

At least that's what I keep telling myself- now working a lot harder than 20 years ago

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: