View Single Post
Old 16-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #644
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
^^^^ Maybe I took your post the wrong way. Holden ceased to be on 21 Oct 2017.
It is now in the same category as Leyland, Rambler, Pontiac, Studebaker etc etc…. just a memory of what was.
Even if GM sells it to Inchcape, or Geely, or Mahindra, or whoever, the badge and the name mean nothing now, except as a point of amusement to Australian Fordophiles.
But, again, if I was in the market for a new vehicle, there is nothing in the Aus Ford range either that makes me want to walk inside a dealership and take a test drive.
Maybe you did but that's okay. Totally agree with you on your comments here though...Holden is a shadow of what it used to be . Even though I've had almost exclusively Fords I've often enjoyed looking at , admiring some beaut Holden cars over the past few decades but not anymore .

Ford too doesn't hold quite the same fascination either since Falcon ceased in 2016 . Looks like Ford will be focussing (no pun intended) more on the SUV and sport/work utility market now and that's not for me , although a Mustang might be on the cards when i finish work in about 6 years time .

The Holden fans must be disappointed by a lot of the current fare and other than the HSV Camaro the V8 crew have been wiped like a dirty bum if you want a GM sporty orientated car that's a little different to the stock vehicles.

Ford have made some mistakes or decisions that some of us don't like but at least the RHD factory Mustang at a decently affordable price is not one of them .

I bet there's a lot of SS's , Clubsports , GTS's ,later model Monaro's etc etc...that'll be kept on the road a lot longer and cherished and even some other Aussie built Holdens across decades . You're right , Holden really ceased as we knew it in 2017 when manufacturing did . The recent past sales falls have proven that beyond doubt . Really sad .

Last edited by roddy1960; 16-02-2019 at 06:49 PM.
2 users like this post: