View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #99
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driving Test..... too harsh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
Doesnt matter how good young people think they can drive, their ego is always ahead of their abilities. I can tell you its not a very pleasant thing to have your daughter ring you literally 5min after leaving the house, crying hysterically over the phone
Glad she’s ok. A few years back about 30 minutes after my adult son left Goulburn to drive back to Canberra I received a similar call, although that was”dad, I’ve been in a crash and I think I’ve killed someone” I overtook the police rescue truck and arrived at the scene before them. Son was ok and it turned out he was on cruise control in the right lane and was nearly past a triton dual cab when they accelerated and changed lanes. Their right rear clipped his front left and put them on 2 wheels and when they hit the wire ropes they barrel rolled. Front seat passenger killed, another airlifted. Turned out driver and 4 passengers were returning from the drivers hens night in Sydney. Cops didn’t get a statement at the scene and didn’t interview until weeks later. Other driver charged and nearly 12 months later they were found guilty of dangerous driving causing death. My son was praised as his comments at the scene and interview and court were all the same. I paid for a lawyer for him who provided advice and attended the police interview, which was money well spent.

Things can change in an instant on the road. Be safe and realise how quick things can go wrong.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: