View Single Post
Old 21-09-2018, 12:00 AM   #37
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Considering a Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Arrived home in ours a couple of hours ago.
I'll be honest and say i was a bit unsure if i was doing the right thing on my way down to pick it up, by the time i was half way home i was like, Falcon who?

I love it, the Wife loves it, the kids love it, wish i'd made the switch years ago.
did you look up my thread in the SZ section and copy what I said? its almost word for word

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
I'm looking at one too, thinking diesel rwd. I notice that the diesel needs a timing belt change at 160k, so think i'll get one that has just had that done rather than one that has a few km less (like 130 or 140). Surely these diesels should be good for 300,000? I am wanting to keep one for a good few years.
And yes I do tow a boat and a race car on a car trailer. awd and rwd seem to be the same price, would I be right in saying the awd would average 1 extra litre per hundred?
this engine has been around for some time, esp in LR discovery, and many high km examples around. i'm hoping for my sake they are good for at least 300k.

As for mileage, the official combined figure was 8.2 for RWD and 9.0 for AWD (or 8.8 for TX AWD), so not a lot in it.

I went with RWD as I don't need the added complexity of AWD.