View Single Post
Old 17-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #49
zoesgift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Phase 4 up for auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
I hear you and I will admit it's semantics.

What it sells for and what people will pay are not the same as what it is worth.

It'll sell for whatever price that someone without a great deal of sense and with very deep pockets will pay for the supposed exclusivity of owning a supposedly rare part of Australian automotive history.

What they are actually after is bragging rights at the next GT Club meeting, it will make them pseudo-important in a very small circle of people who are the only ones who will care.

Is the car 'worth' $2M?

Well that puts the price in the range of the uber-rare luxury European cars (which are also stupidly priced) that are fancied by wealthy American, Russian or Arab buyers...but it's supposedly a HO version of a commonly available Australian family car from the early 70s with the drivability, rust issues and performance of all that entails.

I will respectively suggest it will only be 'worth' $2M to the person who paid $2M for it, as they will have to justify the stupid amount of money to themselves and anyone else who thinks they have more money than sense.

...I don't own any gold or diamonds either, but it's a good comparison
the current owner could hardly care less about bragging rights or the next club meeting lol
zoesgift is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: