View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 02:52 AM   #16
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Focus 2012 Auto, buy or no buy!

Hi,

With the consumer action against Ford it would be a little safer to buy a petrol Focus. If I had to buy one, I would buy it from a dealer and demand 3 years full warranty. I would demand a letter from Ford to confirm the particular car had ALL the relevant fixes, including updated clutch actuators and updated clutch friction material. The Focus is not suitable for stand-still city driving, but in an area with less busy traffic it would be less strain on the dry clutch.

Currently the cheapest 2012 Focus from a dealer cost $7000. I wouldn't pay much more than that for such a troubled car model.

I doubt any dealer will give full warranty on such a lemon car at that age, but Ford will to some degree have a lifetime responsibility to keep these on the road, but it could involve some legal assistance, or consumer protection assistance, so that's not for everyone to jump into.

A troubled Focus, if fitted with the latest upgrades and fixes should in theory be trouble free for the next 100.000 km, but it will depend on driving style. And don't expect it to behave like an 'Auto'. It is an electronically controlled auto-shift manual.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote