View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 12:06 AM   #15
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Nabbed by VicRoads

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
did you load yourself or did someone load it for you? how does chain of responsibility work? I believe the person loading the truck is also responsible??
Chain of responsibility says that once you accept the load you are then responsible for the ability of the vehicle carrying it and the way it is loaded and restrained in most cases.
An important part of the transport industry, however, quite often exploited by employers who use it to pass the buck when **** goes south.

The old, do it like this, until something goes wrong at which point it becomes, why didnt you use your initiative.

I had a situation where i questioned a forkie at our depot about how he loaded some pallets, when i got back after my run i was grilled by the warehouse manager for daring to question her forkies expertise.
A few weeks later he put a pallet of grog on one side of my tray by itself and went on to his next load. I angled it and strapped it but i knew it wouldn't stand up for long as the pressures applied werent equal due to being offset.
Anyway the load fell over, not hard as it was well wrapped but it ended up leaning on the curtain without any breakage.
I repacked it when i got to the drop and all was good but when i got back to the depot i explained what had happened to the manager who went off because apparently i shouldnt have accepted the load as it was put on, i should have had a stack of empty pallets put next to it, which is true, however, i was like, but you said not to question your forkies expertise, doesnt matter she said, COR says your responsible
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: