View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #23
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Not a fan of Armattan, rubbish carbon in my experience. everyone I know that has one has 2 as they are always waiting for replacement parts.

Have you direct soldered the xt60 to the board? If so, take it off and attach it to a short piece of wire otherwise you WILL rip it off in a crash.

Runcam Split? V1 or V2?

I run an x9d+ as well. m9 gimbals, upgraded speaker and custom paint job. Havent found anything I like better ( Im lucky to having access to my local shop and all the stock that comes through I can try).

Are you on faceballs? Jump into the beginners group I admin on... https://www.facebook.com/groups/droneracing/

just let me know its you when you join so I dont decline you.

Also waiting on my new frame to arrive and my batteries from CNHL. Building a new 6s rig with the new Mr Steele Stout motors... its gonna rip!
Well I haven't crashed mine so all good

Push come to shove the beauty of these things is that you can rip all you running gear off it and put it onto another chassis pretty easily. The Armattan has a lifetime warranty anyway so if it breaks I'll get a new one and sell it

I'm finding the 5" frame pretty tight, will see how I go with this one, but may upgrade to a 6" in due course.

The XT60 is mounted on a short pigtail running through rubber insulators:

It flexes pretty well.

It's a Runcam Split v2.

I have the stock gimbals in my X9D, will upgrade though.

I have the Rx and VTX, they aren't mounted yet though.

I've requested to join your FB group, don't be alarmed if I look like a 54yo grandfather (mainly as I am one).
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: