View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #22
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
That's the sort of thing I am building, Armattan Chameleon 5" quad.

It's my first drone so will be...detuned at first.

...so if it's ok I might be asking you some questions

Still in the building phase at the moment, just getting back into it after a run of work and surgeries/injuries and a case of CBFs...I did actually get the thing running and bonded and fully functional but then changed cameras...which meant I ran out of room in the stack.

It's a journey

Using FPV Freerider as a learning tool, have a Taranis X9D.

Here she is:

Not a fan of Armattan, rubbish carbon in my experience. everyone I know that has one has 2 as they are always waiting for replacement parts.

Have you direct soldered the xt60 to the board? If so, take it off and attach it to a short piece of wire otherwise you WILL rip it off in a crash.

Runcam Split? V1 or V2?

I run an x9d+ as well. m9 gimbals, upgraded speaker and custom paint job. Havent found anything I like better ( Im lucky to having access to my local shop and all the stock that comes through I can try).

Are you on faceballs? Jump into the beginners group I admin on... https://www.facebook.com/groups/droneracing/

just let me know its you when you join so I dont decline you.

Also waiting on my new frame to arrive and my batteries from CNHL. Building a new 6s rig with the new Mr Steele Stout motors... its gonna rip!
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: