View Single Post
Old 20-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #11
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Questions on Car Window Tinting

Hello,
Before I left Sydney for Perth in 2008 I bought a VW Transporter Van.
Sliding side door,rear lift door and 2 front doors, I had just drove over and back a month earlier to see my mum in hospital,the sun on the Nullabor and Eyre Hwy to Perth was a killer both ways on your legs from the side windows in the cabin area.
Had it done at Tint a Car Seven Hills ( I think )
I asked for the darkest and best UV they had, I waited while they did it,they let me watch.
They said they would use " ambulance black " on back and side window,and a slightly lighter shade on front door glass.

It was brilliant and geez it was black as night, first night in Perth at nephews unit at Scarborough Beach it was broken into, smashed drivers window and ripped half my dash out to get my brand new stereo/iPod player, broke glovebox door to get stereo fascia, did 6 cars that night,cops said I was the only person who lodged a complaint?
I asked why just me, I said I saw the cars myself, all parked on kerb nose in,all with a window smashed., he shrugged his shoulders.

I immediately phoned RACWA insurance, they sent me for a new window and the guy wouldn't tint the window as dark as the other door,before I could look in and not see the driver, in fact you could not distinguish if it was male or female.
Told him done according to NSW requirements, he said illegal in WA.
Ended up with a drivers window that was see through and others black black black?

Oh and next day got my stereo back plus some "extras" from the cops, lol, about 2 months earlier when visiting mum in hospital I found a wallet/purse, so I handed it in,full of cash to the Scarborough Police, they said I was the first person to hand in a wallet purse that still had cash in it?

They took my details etc, when the cops called me to get my stereo it was at another police station, it was like Aladdin's cave, they asked me if I needed anything else? I said like what,he said anything?.. there were TV's, golf clubs and God knows what else.
I said just my stereo thanks, he said " mate this is all unclaimed its being auctioned off " so he flipped the PC screen around and said see that!..it had my name there as handing in wallet with cash and credit cards intact.

Then he said take what you want or we will fill your van up ourselves!.. That's a true story.

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote