View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 10:12 PM   #28
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 
Default Re: Ford V8 sidevalve Motorsickle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFBarraWGN View Post
Hey S.G i know your a Yank and all and love your H.D's but 'Party Time' over here in O.Z used to blow off all the H.Ds off the Calder and Heathcote strips.

From memory it was GSXR1100 or maybe Kwaka ZZR1100 powered plus bored out to 'WHO Knows wot'?

PLUS.................... Nitro!!!!
I wouldn't be surprised BF. Bikes are often in a different realm.

That was a Nitro Harley. Helped him with a valve timing issue. Nitro motors take some reverse thinking compared to petrol motors. Add a blower and there is even more reverse thinking. NHRA didn't allow blowers on Nitro Harleys.

Somewhere on AFF I once posted a pic of a Pro-Mod/Pro Extreme Suzuki. It is a 1640 based on the old GS case. As far as brute, rugged bottom end strength they are like the old 426 Mopar Hemis. Both the Star racing and Ward Vortex Pro Stock head are made for that case.

What is interesting about both bikes, the camera shots with the front wheels in the air is pretty much how the bikes run down the full length of the track. The Pro Mod, even with the air shifter the front wheel touches down for a fraction of a second on each shift.

First bike I rode was an H1 Mach III 2 stroke 500cc Kaw, last bike I rode was a ZX10. The ZX10 was immensely quicker and fast and at the same time incredibly civilized. Roll in the throttle in 3rd gear and you become a star gazer.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: