View Single Post
Old 14-06-2018, 04:44 PM   #615
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
all you guys who speak like this focus on one thing. yourselves!

you don't seem to be able to grasp that the price of a house has risen at a much steeper rate than wages. the cost of living is also quite a bit higher.

For a young person these days to buy a house, it is substantially harder than anyone who bought into the market more than 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago.

Some people don't want real estate as some kind of investment. they just want a house to live in and have a family and raise them, like so many other Australians were able to do in years gone by.

So much chest beating in here about how 'I was able to so anyone can if they really want it'.

and yes, I did buy my house before the prices shot skyward, and I consider myself very fortunate. since buying my first house real estate has probably quadrupled in value yet my wages have risen by about 50%. I would hate to be a young person today looking to buy my first home for the sole purpose of living in it and raising a family. a house in Australia shouldn't be a luxury item.
So what are you offering? What's the solution according to yourself? What should young people do?

Might be some chest-beating from our side but all I'm seeing is "we're doomed, it's pointless, just give up" from the counter position.

I'm all ears, really
FairmontGS is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: