View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #49
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford passenger cars not a priority for Blue Oval in Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I've only ever bought one new Ford, the only new car i've ever bought and to be honest it was a pleasant experience.
Having said that, only one of the small cars mentioned in the recent posts is subject to a class action as a result of the thousands of unhappy customers and Fords refusal to come up with a satisfactory solution to the problems.
The fact that Ford have been helpful in certain cases doesn't deminish their responsibility to ALL ccustomers who bought Focus in good faith and recieved a lemon.
That is fact unfortunately.

Looks are subjective, i dont know many people who buy purely on looks alone and to be honest i prefer the look of the Focus over any of the cars in the segment, my Wife would own one in a heartbeat if not for the issues i've told her about and is now seriously considering an Astra to replace her Camry now that the older kids have their own cars abd its time to downsize.
Hell, when we bought her Camry we both preferred the look of the Mondeo over the Camry, however, without knowing the difference between the powershift auto's in Focus and Mondeo at the time, we went with the tried and proven Camry.

There are no issues with the LZ Focus that I,m aware of.
I have a late 2015 LZ with a manual box 42000 on it hasnt been back to the dealer at all and is serviced at an independent. I enjoy the benefits of SYNC 2 and the 2016.75 version on have the even better SYNC3. My car averages 5.9 litres/100kms, the autos use more as it is a torque convertor auto. I think the SPORT versions looks stylish even 7 years into this body shape. The turbo gives you torque from about 1300nm so you can drive it like a granny if you want to , mine is in 6th gear at 70km/hour if not before. Handling and noise levels are excellent. I like the dashboard layout you can do stuff via voice control, touch screen or manually. The cruise control works in 1km/hr increments and holds the car at a constant speed up and down hill.
The car will blow Lancers non turbo hyundais/Kias Corollas etc into the weeds.
And out corner and outbrake them.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: