View Single Post
Old 14-02-2005, 07:29 PM   #42
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

The classes seem pretty good, I would apply them to all efi vehicles, and have an equivalent set of rules for carby vehicles. I would suggest a slight clarification to the tyre rules, and put R-spec type (circuit racing) or drag radials in Pro Street class as these are not “normal” daily driver tyres. I would also suggest that wheels up to an inch wider are allowed in factory stock class (no restriction on diameter as it is not an advantage) as I don’t see there is that much gain on normal street rubber in an otherwise standard vehicle. Also for the turbo section there should be a restriction to the stock turbo and exhaust manifold in Performance Street class.

Here is my attempt at carby vehicle classes. Basically the classes have more freedoms because the older cars are less likely to be raced in full standard spec.

Mild Street
Cars are to be run to a recognised specification available stock from the factory (caters for conversion to a different spec to what the car was originally built to, eg V8 conversion, but must be stock for that specification)
Air cleaner & exhaust from first join back can be changed
Must run 14 or 15” wheels, max width 7”, max tyre width 245mm, NO adr or Drags (RWC Standards)

Performance Street
Carby & intake free but cannot increase number of venturi’s
Exhaust free
Cam free (suggestion)
Must retain stock cylinder head/s
Diff ratio can be changed to 3.5:1 maximum
Must run “normal” street tyres, max tyre width 265 (possibly 275 or 295 to allow for coupes?), NO adr or Drags (RWC Standards)
All body parts must stay intact.
No removal of exhaust components.
Aftermarket Exhaust allowed.
Must run Cats if applicable.
No body mods allowed or chassis changes.

Pro Street.
Same rules as Performance Street but slicks or DOT tyres allowed. No limit. Must retain standard wheel arches.
No body mods allowed or chassis changes.
Cylinder heads free
Carbies – number of venturi’s free
Diff Changes free

Outlaw Street.
All mechanical restrictions removed.
No body mods allowed or chassis hanges.
All forms of power adders allowed. (Turbo’s S/C NO2).

All full-on drag setup cars could be run in the same class, with capacity to weight divisions if necessary, as there isn't likely to be that many.