View Single Post
Old 22-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #35
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: EF XR6 is this becoming rare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
^^^^Well said Sprintey, i have a similar philosophy.

My dad always raved about his 6 cylinder vinyl roofed XY Fairmont, he said it was better package than his XC GXL, better built, more solid to drive etc lol. He loved the v8 version but for a family man he said the six was good too & did the job.

My S1 Tickford Vct is only a six but the old girl handles like its on rails & i value that more than its grunt (which is adequate & alot for a warm NA six). My sig says it all about my under the radar Tickford lol, much much better but very reminiscent of my old VG Pacer.

Any other AU snippets Sprintey, your linking of Aston Martin has me very curious for more info, i thought there was a Jaguar link (irs) but i know Ford owned both marques at the same time early 2000's.

Wheel's ranked the AU Xr8 third behind a M5 & S Type Jaguar back when they come out, pretty good company for a Aussie built car i say lol!

cheers, Maka
Preaching to the choir here Maka but I posted a link to a video the other day about the first 50 years of the Falcon 1960-2010 and the AU featured heavily as one of the Falcons that led innovative improvements with suspension /handling and overall safety. The AU might have been critisized for it's looks but it's technical improvements were class leading at the time. No doubt BA-FGX innovation and further improvements flowed from that before the demographic pointed us away from Australian built family sedans etc. Cheers Rod.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: