View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 12:12 AM   #5298
moneypit

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Howdy.

I remember my first Ford experience as a younging 6-10 year old fondly riding piggie in the middle sitting on the front center console of my dads first XF Sedan that he bought after his truck accident with the insurance money from that.

I remember those bright green climate control knobs that glowed after the lights were turned off, I thought the fact that they glowed in the dark was the best thing since sliced bread which was something else I had experienced for the first time just the summer before along with Ice Cream and spankings, yes the XFs climate control knobs and controls used to glow in the dark! if anyone can remember that then they are showing their age.

To put it in terms we can understand this would have been about 1989-1990.

I am sadly getting rid of the last of the XFs, a wagon. That my dad owned before he died in Oct 2016. It just has too much rust in her. Firewall is badly rusted out now too.

I am moving onto bigger and better things however with a newly bought AU Series II Wagon with 227,000km on the clock and no issues except for paintwork.

Post here: https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...62#post5948362

I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing to her just yet but I do know that one of the first things I'll be doing is paying off this damn credit card then working on the paintwork and then going from there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1234-5.jpg (116.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by moneypit; 11-06-2017 at 12:17 AM.
This user likes this post: