View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #23
64compact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
11,000rpm! Croikey! what was the engine spec?
the E1500 had a nodular iron crank and hd rods out of a turbo. it run A14 pistons that brought the compression ratio up to 12.5-1 the inlet ports are the same internal diamenter as a 4.1 xf falcon and I made the inlet manufold using xf efi runners and used the xf carbies x 2 mounted on the origional bases off the xf. carbie manifold. it sounds hard but it was real easy to do. and the engine and g/box is 100kg lighter than a mini combo. the radiator is a ford laser that sits behind the grill. For the brakes I fitted a pedel box and booster out of a L300 mitsubishi van up under the dash, it fits real good and you hardly have to change too much and with the nissan 5 sp gearbox as it is cable clutch the L300 is also cable so it worked well. the front disc's were nissan Pulsar and the rear were toyota corolla front disc's made up to fit on the rear. it was easy to do. i fitted Moke rear arms to keep compliance and so i could fit the 13" x 8 wheels. anyhow if you need anything else ask i was very proud of how it finished up as i had thought about doing it for years and then got a body and it just all fell in to place.
64compact is offline   Reply With Quote