View Single Post
Old 27-04-2016, 08:44 PM   #284
CatonaPC©

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
Spoke to a dealer last week about getting a new Focus. He indicated that there was a supply problem at the moment and may take up to 3 months depending on what model you want. Also indicated that some potential customers are not waiting and going elsewhere.
A dealer discouraging you from buying a car from them? My first instinct is to try another Ford dealer and see if they are more enthusiastic about selling you a car. (Oh! Maybe that's what the dealer meant - potential customers going to another Ford dealer?)

Seriously, sarcasm aside. The issue is if you want the Focus model of your choice and whether not you are prepared to wait. Three months is not a long time to wait even if there is a supply problem. Most owners, here, would probably suggest it is worth the wait; I know I would.

I would suggest that if you're getting such negative feedback from a dealer that you try another and see if the info is the same. More importantly though, is that you make the dealer aware that you are serious about signing on the dotted line for a car for them. Don't visit any dealer unless you are prepared to sign on the day and pay a deposit. They're good at sussing out dawdlers and wanna-be-owners. I'm not suggesting you are, but going by your post, it sounds like the dealer wasn't serious about you as a potential customer.

Wish you all the best, though. Don't give up. The Focus is worth it. So far there hasn't been too many negative comments. Owners seem very very happy with their car, as am I with my Trend.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote