View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 08:35 PM   #253
NormM67

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
Okay, I Googled a bit and I saw an example of what you might be experiencing. A dash mat would help, yes, but if there is any way to do so, the best option is to mount the camera lens as close as practical to the actual windscreen.

Another option (again, only if practical) is to fit some sort of makeshift lens hood.
The cam attaches to the windscreen with tape so the lens is only a few mm away from the glass but the lens has a 170° field of view so any hood would be seen.

I think the main problem is I've only tested it going to and from work (heading east in the morning, west in the arvo) so I'm always heading towards the sun which is low in the sky during both trips . I'm sure it will be fine in the middle of the day with the sun high in the sky so I'll find out over the weekend.

Still happy with it though, just have to run the cable across the roof liner and down the side of the A pillar to the fuse box and wire it in.

Next mission will be when I install one on the rear window, have to dismantle the trim so I can run the power cable down to the rear fuse box

Only 400km now to my complimentary 3000km service so I wont pull anything apart just yet
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote