View Single Post
Old 13-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #3086
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

council bylaws here do not permit me to run a generator after a certain time, can't remember what it was, 6 PM jumps to mind but that may not be correct, too many arguments with them over different things, use of grey water, use of rainwater, storage of rainwater, wind turbine, height of caravan carport, position of carport......the list goes on.

I have "setup" quite a few "off grid" shacks/ small houses but really none that I wold be happy with at home, I like my air-con and my 200 amp welder too much......I still mess about with other folks motorhomes and vans.....use of power tools is a must.

battery gases can be a problem, draw down on batteries, weight and physical size of storage, life of batteries, maintenance of lead acid batteries, corrosion of terminals.

I know all of these things can be circumvented but at my age I don't want to be pulling a bank apart to find a faulty cell.

the catalyst program was a very good one but it still relied on being connected to the grid, I want to get right away from the bloodsuckers forever without problems.

however the future tantalises us with glimpses of what is out there.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: