View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #22
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Default Re: Be prosecuted for illegal gas connection. Urgent help

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
The Landlord and his/her insurance would still be at risk even after you returned it the way it was; the connections and reconnections would have been made by someone without legal qualification.

Common sense usually stops people playing with GAS connections without the need for a public education program.

If you want to play unqualified illegal gasfitter, plumber or electrician do it with a property you own and where the you can take calculated risks with the lives of you and your family; the landlord cannot know what you have done and what risk it might or might not pose for future tenants or existing and future tradies. It might all be to Australian code /standards but if you went as far as to investigate the code requirements you would also know DYI was illegal.

This might sound overly harsh but I think would be totally ****ed off if this happened with a property I owned (no I am not a landlord so I can only speak in theory). I think I would be expecting an eviction notice next.
Common sense hey, well than common sense would have you believe that playing with a bbq is illegal which its not. You explain to me why a bbq and a house connected to the same 9kg bottles using the same regulator and hose is different. It's easy to sit there and say you know it's different when you have the previous info informing you indifferent. If I was aware that it was illegal than I would not have done it.