View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #21
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Be prosecuted for illegal gas connection. Urgent help

Quote:
I understand all this now but surely a warning of the possible consequences if I failed to swap it back within 48 hours. What about the departments obligations to the public to educate the public and make people aware of the laws.
The Landlord and his/her insurance would still be at risk even after you returned it the way it was; the connections and reconnections would have been made by someone without legal qualification.

Common sense usually stops people playing with GAS connections without the need for a public education program.

If you want to play unqualified illegal gasfitter, plumber or electrician do it with a property you own and where the you can take calculated risks with the lives of you and your family; the landlord cannot know what you have done and what risk it might or might not pose for future tenants or existing and future tradies. It might all be to Australian code /standards but if you went as far as to investigate the code requirements you would also know DYI was illegal.

This might sound overly harsh but I think would be totally ****ed off if this happened with a property I owned (no I am not a landlord so I can only speak in theory). I think I would be expecting an eviction notice next.

Last edited by aussiblue; 08-03-2016 at 09:56 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: