View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 07:20 PM   #3081
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

thanks mate, some ways I'm glad to be back, other ways, well I'd rather be watching those Kimberley sunsets and snatching the big fish.......never mind, reality beckons.

Battery storage is still a can of worms here, I've looked into quite a few but as yet the price is still too high for a very small system, $6,000 for a 2 KW pack is a bit rich.

there are some systems coming on line in the near future that look to be very interesting but they are still a fair way down the tube.

I had high hopes for the graphite mine around by lincoln to supply a new local industry but they are in strife last I heard.

Govco couldn't give a rats and general consensus is against renewable, state gov have blinders on for wind.

But as soon as I find a decent size system that is reliable and capable I will be on it.

I looked at old forklift batteries as well as standard truck/dozer batteries but in reality they are almost a waste, I know of folks who are doing it but gee! they do it tough.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: