View Single Post
Old 20-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #35
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
Pity it hasn't got cruise avaliable, but it will not stop me from getting one... HID lights would have been nice to have as well but at the price its still great value, and with great build quality... something you can't really say about Falcons : You can't really compare it to an XR6T either since its actually about the same price (with leather and metallic paint) as a basic XR6 N/A.

As far as complaints that its not avaliable well cruise isnt very popular in europe and Ford of Europe decided that it wasn't worthwhile engineering it for the Focus ST (XR5T) ad therefore it's not avaliable here. Ford of Aus would have zero chance of getting it specially engineered for our tiny market.. Although I wonder how difficult it would be to fit the cruise control setup off of a current model S40 T5. Uses same drivetrain, ECU etc as the ST/XR5T.
I laugh at your comments about build quality, considering i have a 2 BA's in the driveway, an SX Territory Ghia and a 5 months old LS Focus I have a fair idea about the build quality between them, lets just say the focus has nothing on the 3 Australian built fords when it comes to quality, specially when it comes to paint and panel finish. Also having a fair idea whats going on with Ford there has been alot of critisim about the LS Focus and its finish, so im not the only one in saying that.

:

The XR5 T is going to be a nice car, but for nearly 40 grand and with the few issues like no cruise control its really not the best proposition on paper.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote