Thread: mondeo handling
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #25
Binny

Default Re: mondeo handling

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetdci View Post
If the balance does not fix it get the axial run out checked as it may be more there than the wheels.
Well I got wifey to drop it off at the local tyre joint yesterday to get all the wheels balanced while I was at work. What a waste of time and money that was!
They told her a couple of them were out of balance and they were all good now. When I bought the car 6 months ago it had oem good years all round that are about half worn and a brand new Michelin spare. (The previous owner put a full size spare in)
As soon as I got home I saw they had put the new michelin spare on the front left when all the other tyres are 50% worn OEM goodyears.
As expected when I drove it to work today it pulls to the right under acceleration and is twitchy on the motorway due to the mismatched tyres on the front. Idiots.
To make things worse it still has a shimmy at motorway speed grrrr.
I'm not sure what it will be now. Its either incompetent balancing, a wheel thats buckled or tyre out of round. You think they would have spotted anything like that when the wheel was spinning on the balancer though.
What a pain, we leave Brissy in 4 days to drive to Canberra. The shimmy isn't bad but its there and I'm a bit @n@l myself so it bothers the heck out of me but we will have to put up with it until we get back.