View Single Post
Old 26-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #469
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gen F HSV GTS Review, 0-100 in 4.4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
I dont know ...... but I wont have the chance to personally find out

Some people write the GT335 off as a car with crap handling, only good for straight line pace, vinyl floor and bench seats! A better chassis? I might not be as techy as many here but really, I have never said in any test drive .... "Oh that car had a good chassis" Seriously ........ yes they are 5 year old model, yes there are better handling cars out there but really ,,,,,, wish people would stop writing off the GT as a bloody go cart! Sure, the GTS is great and side by side does show up the GT in specs and other bits ...... but so it should too .... it is the new model, it does have a larger kw engine etc .... but it is also alot more expensive.
I think you're over-exaggerating again! But I don't recall anyone saying the FG has crap handling, vinyl floor etc. It has been widely said (by professional reviewers and the like) that the extra weight of the V8 in the FG has had a negative effect on the handling etc. of the FG and add to the fact the chassis is pushed to it's limits in it's current configuration.
But that doesn't mean it is crap, especially in my book.
All I can say is I thought my FG handled quite well, up until I purchased a VF.
It is much, much better in this regard and I hope Ford can work some magic on the FH.
Holden (over the years) have clearly invested in this area as they have ensured the V8 (and V6) motors are mounted as far back to the firewall as possible. And removed weight in the front of the car by placing the battery and fuse boxes etc.in the boot (Since VE?) to obtain a better weight balance. It all helps. After all how a can handles, turns etc. is more important to me than a sub 5 second 0-100kmh time. (But I am happy to settle with
5.5 seconds that it currently provides!)