View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #39
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFacts November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
I agree with some things you say especially about supporting local manufacturing but I’m not overboard and therefore will pull you up by saying you shouldn’t just pluck something out of the air and use it as fact in an argument just because it may have been the case in years gone by.

Go to the US and Canada and have a look at what they drive.

Barely a GM, Ford or Chrysler in sight in the cities, mainly a mix of Jap and an amazing amount of German cars. Even the taxis are now predominately Prius.

Head out into the sticks and especially the mountains and if it’s not Rams and F Trucks it’s imported large SUV’s and 4X4’s.

Aussie aren’t the only “stupid” ones turning away from the local brands.

I haven’t been to the UK in 10 years but when I was, there were a hell of a lot of small Euros getting around. Maybe someone who’s recently been could add what they’ve seen on the roads.

I’m a big believer in the local product but I also buy foreign because if you don’t give the buyer what they want, the buyer won’t want you.

I actually think the local products are holding up pretty well in sales given the enormous amount of competition they have. You can't always be number one.

Agree. When I was in france, there were Peugeots, Renaults and Citroens everywhere. In Italy, there were heaps of Fiats, Looks like patriotism does exist but not as much in Australia.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote