View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #576
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Overly efficient 'by the book' workers....

Go to the Avis desk on the weekend to collect the hire car we booked for a wedding. He gets my name mixed up with my brothers and tells me he's also 'collecting a car today'.

I casually told him that was my brother and what time was he due to arrive, I was thinking that perhaps if he was soon behind me we could go out together and grab lunch or something... His reply "Sorry mate, can't really tell you"...

Flying to Japan from Korea... 3 seats ether side of the central aisle. I got the middle seat and the Mrs has the aisle seat. Window seat is empty. Wait the doors close and think, you beaut, I'll just wriggle across and sit at the window - I like taking pics when I take off or land at a place.

A very efficient, and may I say observant stewardess quickly approaches with the passenger paperwork and asks what was I doing in the 'wrong' seat. I explained that it is empty and blah blah... She quickly cut me off and, of course informed me that the seat I had selfishly commandeered is actually more costly, and, seeing as I didn't pay for that seat I was to move back to 'my' seat.....

I thanked her for pointing out my obvious ignorance and stupidity in the matter and moved back. Only to move back as soon as we were talking off....

Funny thing was, we were at the window on our return flight and that leg was cheaper than the flight there... Go figure...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: