View Single Post
Old 29-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #1139
westy73

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Ask yourself why...

Ford don't want to build in Australia because they can make greater profit margins manufacturing in Asia.
It is all about their welfare, they don't care about us.

With this in mind, why should the good people of Australia support a company which will sack 1200 people and threaten the jobs of thousands more in supply to increase their bank balance.

If this was truly about volumes they would give us a share of some of the stuff they build in Asia.
Ford have land, buildings, a workforce and equipment in Australia, all they need to do is allow us to build something we can sell here and export in enough numbers to be viable, but the profits wont be as great as they are elsewhere, so they turn their backs on us and say its our fault for not buying a car that no longer fits the bill.

Well actually it's all about a lack of protectionism in Australian (look out here come the left wingers about to clobber me). We have been drowned out by so many imports. I doubt any other country in the world rivals our models available per capita. In fact I would like to know if these figures exist and where Australia sits on that list. I would guess well above almost all other countries. Wager anyone ??
The Government(s) are to blame pure and simple. The product isn't. It's bloody good bang for your buck and always has been.