View Single Post
Old 26-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #911
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Typical Australian response to this situation.
Everyone just bends over and takes their decision as final.
We put up with crap governments and companies doing their best to stuff this country and everyone just takes it and sticks their heads in the sand.
You don't know what you've got until it is gone.

From reading the previous 30+ pages you know what I see.
I see True Blue Australians with Blue Blood pumping through their veins. They have all been united by a car that is a part of this great nations automotive heritage, and has been the source or many great memories.

We are consumers.
Consumers dictate to a company what they want made, not the other way around.
Ford Australia has been to gutless to push Ford USA to make a RWD platform that can be made in Australia exported world wide, but Falcon owners are not gutless.
The Falcon owners of Australia can do something that no other car owners of any other now extinct car have done.
They can show their passion and create world headlines buy getting in their Falcon and driving down to Ford HQ and park their Falcons all around it until they change their decision. A few thousand Falcons all ages and models parked around HQ will bring publicity to the car that no one else wants to give. Show the world that this car is worth saving.

Fact #1 Any Car that is made in Austraila will be better Made and Engineered that any car in the USA.
Fact #2 Falcon sales have slowed as it is basically the same car since the AU in 98 which was a redesign of an existing platform, hence why would someone upgrade. It has been an orphan in the Ford world that receives hardly any of the technology of the Ford Universe.
Fact #3 Our dollar is too high....Bull ******.
In the UK 80% of the cars produced are exported. Their car manufacturing is in huge resurgence. 11% of all Exports are from cars.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21015767
Last time I checked our dollar was less than the UK. We can learn from what they have been through.

It is not too late. Lets make some headlines.
Are you going to organise this?
Or is this what WE SHOULD be doing??
I can help with the soapbox...
Mate, I love the passion. I love the concept... But, really I think the consumer has ALREADY voted with their lack of appearance in Ford showrooms.
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
This user likes this post: