View Single Post
Old 26-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #902
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by landau460 View Post
Like I said "they don't have the bloody choice"

If it wasn't for price of fuel, and I have not read up about this euro 5 / 6 sounds like crap compliance we are not part of euro ,the flood of oversees appealinog stuff crap or not crap we are dealing with countries that pay wages probly a tenth of ours thats what they have worked out as pay not here in Australia the cost of living with there wages we would be a third world country living in poverty , and a bloody government/s that can't get the important stuff right.

No choice

People would still have a choice of a falcon even at the price. Still not sure why we need all these things to play with ( i still dont know all the stuff in my gt does i just get in it hit the traction control off open window check tyre pressures and feel good instantly) rather than getting into it and either driving with purpose of a destination or driving for the sake of enjoyment!
I am lucky enough like a lot here of having both but it is getting harder and harder to do that.
There is probly a lot of merit to Ford HO and Foa allowing territory and falcon keeping productions up and exporting, and I thought for a bit that the way fg falcon, g6e, and territory would be favourable in U.S being rear wheel drive with a big six or an 8 cyl as an option hell in the end they tried in vain with the tree hugging Eco 4 even boss saw and liked. But the powers that be not allowing that to happen so Ford go down as in production....
They are tipping holden goingsame way don't know how that will pan out then
what?
Technology is everywhere we make a lot of it but for how long before everything we produce is not cost effective cause some company will produce it overseas for a fifth of the price!

Like I said NO CHOICE
Mate, go check out the Focus ST info thread (on these very forums)

Heaps of ex-Falcon owners jumping ship to a 'wrong wheel drive buzz box with too much technology that they dont need'

The problem isn't 'no choice' its 'so much choice' and as others have stated, in the 21st century the people buying small/medium hatches/sedans/crossovers are having their cake and eating it too.

I think Falcon deserved an influx of global cash to become a truly global model, but that just doesn't fit with Fomoco's plans unfortunately. I'm disappointed, but I don't think the general public are being forced to drive cars they dont want.
2 users like this post: