View Single Post
Old 25-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #868
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hietbrink View Post
For all the upset members, I liken this to a niche car market. We enthusiasts always go for the 'Exclusive' models such as Ghia, G6 XR6 Turbo, XR8 FPV etc...

For these buyers, much like Ferrari and Lamborghini buyers, which also aren't manufactured in Australia, we will still get what we want, and I truly beleive we will still have the goosebumps and raised heart rates from the models to be imported here.

Just imagine Boss Mustangs or differently styled Mustang powered sedans?

I think the Boss and Turbo cars will live on...

The voice of reason!
This is a particularly enthusiastic market sector for performance (which makes the current V8SC series so frustrating) but nevertheless, if we have good muscley V8s (& Turbos if you must) to perv on in the garage, whilst downing a cold/hot one, or to take out and put HSVs away - that may well ease the pain. XTs and G6s aren't exactly setting any sales figure records, but the major rental companies seem to gravitate toward XR6s, so there's hope for the Aussie psyche.
"Bathurst - it's who we are"
(please can an FG win Bathurst?? Pretty please?)

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ