View Single Post
Old 16-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #291
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: HSV GTS LSA lettuce tomato & special sauce on a sesame seed bun

Everyone is assuming that it is hugely quicker than a GT R-Spec.
I suggest waiting until there are actual runs on tracks.

There is more than one precedent for a big badge being eaten by a little badge. Talking the talk is not walking the walk.

As far as the whole "FPV are screwed" mentality. Historically most who tend towards such hyperbole buy just as many new HSVs as that have bought new FPVs, a number by which you cannot divide. The GT-Rspec did not outsell Camry or Mazda 3 despite it being he fastest Australian production model ever.
I suspect neither HSV nor FPV are all that concerned.

I believe there are some extremely good points to this car.

Firstly, FPV can now badge up to over 400kw without drawing the usual crabs.
Secondly, HSV will now take the focus of the car haters, school kids, bar stool racers and bogans away from Ford.
Thirdly, it raises the bar. How can that be a bad thing?

It is interesting to note the difference between HSV and FPV as far as product range.

FPV are conservative and linear with gradual improvements and long running technology. Even The GT-Rspec is just a slight upgrade over a GT using almost all the same components.

HSV lash out in all directions with short lived expensive hero cars featuring unique components only to sell a small number and then discontinue them relying on the bread and butter models to make up the bulk.
Look at the GTS-R, GTS C4B, GTS Coupe, Coupe 4 and W427. All very expensive, all way ahead of the pack and all rare as rocking horse poop as hardly anyone actually bought one.

I look forward to seeing new F series HSVs on the roads and at the track.....
3 users like this post: