View Single Post
Old 15-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #204
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: HSV's GTS LSA

Never thought I'd see people putting "muscle car" and "beauty contest" in the same sentence or even paragraph. Yes, its not the prettiest, but its an awesome car! HSV have given us the car that we all wish that FPV would have built (or will build next year)! I couldnt care less how it looks but I love the idea of this car. It has all the features we have seen in AMG's and M's that we have all salivated over in a car locally made at under $100k! Self parking, blind spot monitoring, heated seats, magnetic suspension, torque vectoring etc. everything people have complained was missing in locally made cars is in this car and a super V8 (yes, I know the Ford donk is great and numbers understated, etc..) and all I keep reading is that its ugly, its wearing a G String... 430 KW and 740Nm of torque really puts it against the Euro performance cars. And if Ford want to be competitive at this end of the range, they need something special; and not even a badge exercise. I fear the R spec will not be enough against this car.

And I would buy one in 2015/16 when I plan on getting my next V8. (But I'm hoping Ford counter so I dont need to jump to the darkside!)
6 users like this post: