View Single Post
Old 14-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #136
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

in the ilk of the parking debacle, my wife and I decided on a trip to the Mount (mount gambier) via Kingston Millicent, and stay a couple of nights at Robe......we have done this many times before and it has become a favourite

we went during the week as thats the time we had.....pulled into an out of the way caravan park and was surprised to find it totally empty.

the manager gave us a very good site with a smile, we setup and went to the restaurant for an evening meal and to wile away a bit of time.

we returned later that evening to find some drongoe had setup right next to us in such a way as to not even allow us to park our car next to our van and our view from our awning was directly into their van.

remembering the park was completely empty I was at a total loss as to why the manger would place them right next to us and so damn close.

I went to bed, uttering murderous things and "boy I oughta!" type stuff, hating all caravan park owners and their silly decisions, listening to the couple next door banging around.......

the feller came out the next morning and we exchanged polite "mornings"

and of course I said "why the hell would the owner put you so close to us with an empty park?.

his reply, which took me totally by surprise was......"I chose this spot because it was nice and level!"

looking around ALL bloody sites were "nice and level!"..........I was dumbfounded........ we packed up and left

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: