View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #48
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: AFF pages slow to load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
AFF is now starting to run a little slower as it did last night. I am finding when I hit refresh, or go back to the main page, the top of my address bar just keeps spinning, like it is trying to load the page and hasn't found a finish point.

Perhaps it is just due to the amount of users logged on? Forum appears to be busier from 7-10pm most nights.

Cheers
Col
Whilst 2,052 is reasonably high it isn't massively excessive compared to what we have been seeing. The response times are certainly heading in the wrong direction at the moment - up around 1500ms average which is higher than this time yesterday and even higher than a week ago before the memory upgrade which is counter intuitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac
Hey Russ have you explored putting nginx as a reverse proxy in front of Apache? Some good improvements to be had.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I'm not really seeing anything in the apache server stats that give me cause for concern - since the restart:

Server uptime: 1 hour 14 minutes 19 secondsTotal accesses: 179,851 - Total Traffic: 2.8 GBCPU Usage: u2163.59 s16.51 cu2.34 cs0 - 48.9% CPU load40.3 requests/sec - 0.6 MB/second - 16.3 kB/request52 requests currently being processed, 33 idle workers.. all within normal tolerance but having said that the bulk of the load times are still in the PHP layer currently around 900ms average.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote