View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #12
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Default Re: 2013 Mondeo - Actual Street Date

Sad to hear about the possible demise of your current Mondeo. As we all know, overall it's a very attractive package.

Re replacement car, I would second checking out the new Mazda 6. When it came time to update from our 2003 Subaru Outback, my choices came down toa new Mondeo or Mazda 6. Obviously, the Mondeo won out on the day. I sat in the then current Liberty and XR6 Falcon, and didn't bother with test drives.

If you can detach the emotion from the process, list the things you want out of the replacement, then browse web sites or even back of the Wheels magazine. This will at least give you a first cut list of the possibilities, and then (I think) the emotion and personal taste will take over. At least you will have considered (/dismissed) other possibilities.

If looking to buy new, check out some of the car-search companies like Privatefleet and carsearchbrokers. There will be a fee for service, but you mioght get a better deal for whatever you decide to choose. I've never used them, but will certainly consider next time around.

Hope it all works out well for you.
Having sudden shopping decisions forced upon you is not a 'fun-time' experience (been there, done that).
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote