View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #105
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

I know this is a bit of a thread bump, but very relevant.

I myself have been a smoker for about 11-12 years now, those who know me know exactly how much I smoke and how much I enjoy it. I always used to laugh and say crap like "Well, Keith Richards isn't dead yet - can't be that bad for ya".

On Wednesday night I came down with a bit of a virus, and spent Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday bailed up in bed. Without a smoke. Yesterday I was up and about, and still didn't light up.

Today, I'm feeling a lot better, final stages of getting rid of this crappy virus, but as a positive upside to it, I've now been about 4.5 days without a ciggy (last one I reckon was about 9pm Wednesday night).

The issue is, I have smokes left in the pack, that would have just got smoked as usual had I not been struck down ill. And now that I'm better again, I am REALLY urging for one - pretty damn badly actually. Now, as much as I love smoking and all the other garbage - I'm kinda proud I've been this long without one, and need some sort of diversion to get my mind off of wanting one - the longer I can hold out the better. Problem is, its been about 2 hours of craving so far and I really don't know how strong I am or how much longer I can hold out for...
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote