View Single Post
Old 23-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #10
steambao
Starter Motor

Default Re: Sudden loss of power at roundabout

Ok. So a few months later, all seems well. I recently bought a OBDKey and leave it in my car. So today, low on fuel (61km left on tank), on the way to petrol station, take a regular corner, REV hard after straightening up and BAM. Torque gets limited to 2k. Speed limited to 60km/h also. However, going up a hill speed limited at 15km/hour because Torque limit to 2k comes first (all gears).

I thought, maybe it is because im low on fuel. Manage to crawl to petrol station (thank god its 12 midnight). Pump her up to half (nice BP ULTIMATE). Start car, still limited. Struggle up another hill, for 5 minutes, still limited. Stop my car, have a look around, wait 5 minutes. Turn car back on again and it's back to normal.

However, during the limited time, using my OBDKey, I checked for ECU code errors - nothing. My Short Term Fuel trim is -15% (Intake manifold preasure 4.7psi). I'm not sure if that is the reason why I got speed limited, or whether it is suppose to happen when ur car is in limit mode.

Weird cos I got no ESC on my car, and took the corner slowly this time.