View Single Post
Old 21-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #107
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
you seem happy with them but 100/130 h4 globes are great, but then you would need a relay
Yeah just drove 3 hours in the dark last night and they are great, no problems at all.

Quote:
any single din unit should fit. the problem with the xa-b's is that you will generally have a small amount of gap at the top of the unit . . . around 10 mm. i used a bit of balsa wood painted black to cover the hole in mine, but ended up getting a landau dash to move the stereo from the dash
Ahh that's no problem then, to easy.

Quote:
also when installing it, there is a good chance that the heater controls will be very close to touching the head unit. if it does touch it, then your heater will continuously run, so gently bend the heater up to avoid touching it. if you notice the heater fan always running once the stereo is installed you will know where to look for the problem
Ok thanks, makes sense because thats the bare contacts for the fan just there that I saw. I'd rather insulate those contacts than bend anything, thanks for that though, I'll watch out for that.

The drive to and from trade school today was much more fun than usual

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote